RECIPES FOR COFFEE LOVERS
Coffee Cheesecake Truffles
Tammi Kwok from Insatiable Munchies shows us how to make these quick and easy, but oh-so-delicious coffee cheesecake truffles.
Everybody loves a good truffle at Christmas time. For your favourite bite sized treat with a coffee flavour twist, give this recipe a go! We promise you’ll love them.
Yield: 24 Truffles
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min (plus overnight chilling)
250g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup crushed digestive biscuits (about 5 biscuits)
1 Map Portofino (Medium Blend) coffee capsule
400g dark chocolate
Melted white chocolate, to decorate
1. Using your Map Coffee machine extract the coffee with the Espresso Setting (30ml) and cool to room temperature.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
3. Fold in coffee, and then the crushed digestive biscuits.
4. Chill mixture in fridge overnight to make it easier to handle.
5. Roll small tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls, and arrange in a single layer on a tray lined with baking paper.
6. Set tray into the freezer for balls to set (about 2 hours).
7. Melt the chocolate, and leave to cool for a couple minutes.
8. Working in batches, use a fork to dip the frozen truffles into the melted chocolate and set back onto the tray.
9. Place back into the fridge to set.
10. Once all the truffles are covered, melt white chocolate.
11. Place truffles on a rack and, using a fork, drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top to decorate.
12. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
If the mixture is too runny to roll, use two teaspoons to drop them onto a tray and roll them after freezing.